Chef Jennifer Hill Booker is not only a Culinary Educator, she is the Executive Chef and Owner of Your Resident Gourmet, LLC, a Personal Chef and Catering Company. YRG specializes in bringing fine dining to its clients in the comfort and privacy of their homes.
Your Resident Gourmet also manufactures condiments for its Jelly’s Jams & Condiments division.
Chef Jennifer is a contributing columnist for Basil MAGAZINE and The Host of Basil MAGAZINE Radio. Chef Jennifer Hill Booker has recently partnered with The Live Healthy & Thrive Youth Foundation with plans to educate our youth on the best Healthy Cooking, Healthy Eating, and Healthy Exercising Practices, and has joined forces with Urban Major League Chefs Association as their Director of Culinary Resources.
Although Chef Jennifer Hill Booker was born in Michigan, grew up in Florida, attended college in Oklahoma, and lived in Europe, she finds herself right at home in Georgia. Chef Jennifer Hill Booker earned her Bachelor’s of Arts Degree in Organizational Communication from The University of Tulsa and immediately enrolled in Oklahoma State University-Okmulgee. There she graduated top in her class with an Associate’s Degree in Applied Science-Culinary Arts. After working several years in the culinary industry Chef Jennifer was afforded the unique opportunity to earn a Cuisine de Base Certificate from Le Cordon Bleu-Paris, once again receiving top honors.
Jennifer left Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Atlanta, where she taught for several years as a Lead Chef Instructor, to take a position atGraysonTechnicalHigh Schoolas their Culinary Arts Program Director. Chef Jennifer Hill Booker took her culinary arts program through the rigorous steps of earning their accreditation through The American Culinary Federation. This accreditation madeGraysonTechnicalHigh Schoolthe only school in its county and the first of only four schools in the entire state ofGeorgiato boast such honors. Chef Jennifer is currently the Executive Chef at The Cottages, a luxury stabilization residence for women suffering from mental illness. There she provides healthy gourmet meals and offers culinary therapy sessions to it’s residents as a way to provide necessary life skills.
Awards, Accolades & Honorable Mentions…
- Host of Basil MAGAZINE Radio
- Columnist for Basil MAGAZINE
- Contributor to OUR TOWN Magazine
- Chef Instructor at Williams-Sonoma, Lenox MallBuckhead,GA
- Director of Culinary Resources: Urban Major League Chef Association
- Partnership with Live Healthy & Thrive Youth Foundation
- Recipes featured in the March 2011 issue of ESSENCE Magazine
- Featured Chef, Chefs of the World, A Taste of Fame, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Guest Chef at Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival, 2010
- Executive Chef, Celebrity Stage of Metropolitan Cooking and Entertaining Show 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Celebrity Guest Chef at Chef Joe Randall’s Cooking School,Savannah,GA
- Guest Chef at LeCordonBleuCollegeof Culinary Arts-Atlanta
- African Children’s Fund Fall Fundraiser